Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gen 3 grips on a 1983 T-series 6" Python shows a gap under the I-frame. Suggestions?

Just picked up a low numbered T-series Python. The grips are excellent Gen 3 wood grips but there is a 3/16" gap on the back of the I-frame. These are wrap-around, over-sized grips with gold medallions. These can't be 1983 grips can they?
I'm not sure if it better to mess with them or just buy some cool pearl grips with silver medallions since gun is E-Nickel, or satin finish.
There is also a 1/16" gap at the top of the grips on both sides. If I sand down the grips 1/16" then they will fit flush but, the gap will still be at the bottom of the I-frame.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Sell the grips but new grips. It has been my experience that the newer pythons have a slight thicker grip. I don't know why this is but all my stainless guns and blue of the T series the grips are this way. I tried switching the grips from an older Python to the new and they didn't fit correctly. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree. I will sell the Gen 3 wood grips. I have just purchased these nice ivory battle grips with silver medallions. They should look good on the satin nickel Python.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts