Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For anyone that has not been there or just wants to look at the Colts, go here: Gene Autry Museum

Click on Tab: Exhibitions \ Collection Spotlight \ Arms and Armor. Click on John E. Bianchi, Jr and George Strichman (Chairman of the Board) Colt Collection.

When you Click on a Photo, you get more information like this:

1896 Colt Single Action Revolver, this is one of the early so-called smokeless powder frames with the cross-bolt type, cylinder base pin retaining system. However Colt did not guarantee their revolvers for use with the then-new smokeless gun powder until 1898 (beginning with serial number 180000).

=================

Colt, Pair of Single Action Army Revolvers, .45 caliber, revolver, serial numbers G. A. Strichman No. 1 and G. A. Strichman No. 2 with case and accessories.

Tiffany silver engraved by Alvin A. White and decorated with images of men on horseback and American imagery.

============

1878 Colt Frontier DA .38 Caliber, S/N 42918

======================

1876 Open Top Pocket Model .22 Caliber S/N 89916

===========================

1936 Colt New Service .38 Special, S/N 339755, Previously owned by Col. Charles Askins.

The Legend Of Charley Askins

======================

Hollywood Stunt Gun

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Thank you! I get dead links when I click on the Bianchi and Strickman highlighted words. How did you get the the high res pictures?

Regards,
Kevin Williams

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I get dead links when I click on the Bianchi and Strickman highlighted words. How did you get the the high res pictures?

Regards,
Kevin Williams
For Bianchi, Click on the 5th one shown: bianchi (1153 records).

For Strichman, it's the 3rd one from the bottom: strichman (20 records).

I saved the photos, then uploaded them to my Photo Bucket account. Then I did the "copy IMG Code" and added the Photos here.

HTH,

Billy

·
Registered
96 Posts
Excellent photographs, I remember Skeeter Skelton's article. And when you look at Charlie
Askins' New Service, remember it has "seen the elephant."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts