Colt Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ahotel', you mentioned another functional SAA, plus the dewatted one. How much trouble is it possess that in Old Blighty?
Thanks for sharing.
Moon
Hi Moon. The laws are very strict here. Without a Section 1 firearms licence (which I don't have at the moment as in rented property and can't fix the gun cases to the wall), you can only own deactivated firearms or obsolete calibres. .41 and .44 Henry rimfire are obsolete, but .45 Colt have to be deac. Cheers, Ahote

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
There are some great points here - very glad I posted, and thanks all. Judging by the links above, I would go with a Spanish copy from the late 19th century. I can't remember what I paid for it, but it wasn't much - and I shall enjoy it as a nice historical piece despite being a knock-off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
What with the casting and all, you might want to test it with a magnet, because it looks like one of the blank-firing 'non-guns' of a couple of decades past.
It is steel - and has the patina of age. I've owned or handled many blank-firers over the years and definitely not one of those.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts