Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quite some time back I lettered a Colt Police Positive Special, .38 Spec., serial number 346xxx, circa 1928. The letter says:
Shipped to: Ger de Goma
Address: Unknown
3 guns in shipment

In searching, I find a Goma in the Republic of Congo. That's all. Any of you know anything about Ger de Goma? How about a translation? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks, Joe

·
Registered
149 Posts
De Goma is a Spanish surname, Ger could be an abbreviation for Geraldo. Alternately, a "Germinador de Goma" is a specialized rubber plant nursery, of which there used to be many in Latin America but are very rare nowadays.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
Perhaps Mr. de Goma was associated with Colt in some capacity and an address wouldn't have been necessary (well back then anyway)? Can't think of another reason unless I go into my conspiracy theory mode ;)

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Strange that Colt would ship guns and know who they shipped them to, but not know WHERE they shipped them.

I would guess that at one time somebody at Colt, and maybe everybody at Colt, knew where/who Ger de Goma was. But now those people are long dead.

Kind of like you finding a picture of your grandfather standing with another guy. On the back your GF wrote "Me and JC." Your GF knew who JC was, but now you have no idea!

John Gross

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.