Colt Forum banner

Gettin' bad

903 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  col132 
#1 ·
Gettin\' bad

I read a post on another forum, where a guy commented that "Colt 1911's are pretty much like other 1911's". Is Colt so far out of most people's picture, that they are now compared to other companies' guns, rather than the other way 'round?

#2 ·
Re: Gettin\' bad

I think availability is the key word. Obviously Colt is the original, everything else is a copy. That's true in anyones context. When the XS series Colt first came out a year or so ago, no doubt it would have been the finest 1911 ever made by anyone. Unfortunately, not enough of these reached the hands of shooters, or even gunwriters, to receive its just rewards. In my opinion only, the XS model is a refinement of the true 1911, and anything else at that point (Kimbers, Springfield, etc) would only be an attempt to emulate the XS series. Don't get me wrong, I own both a Kimber and a Springfield and I like them both. There is nothing wrong with Taurus 9mm pistols, but they are still not a Beretta.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.