Colt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I'm a first-timer user of this Forum. I just hung up from speaking with the guy at Colt's Customer Service dept. He was pleasant enough, but informed me that he couldn't provide me with the date of manufacture of the Python I recently bought. The reason is that Colt doesn't have this information in any computer data base--it's all on fiche! And because he was the only one working today (it's the day before Thanksgiving), he couldn't take time to look it up. Since I live in the Hartford area, I know that Colt has had a lot of financial woes of the years, but isn't there someone, somewhere, who has computerized all this information, like other gun manufacturers have done?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jazzman111:
Since I live in the Hartford area, I know that Colt has had a lot of financial woes of the years, but isn't there someone, somewhere, who has computerized all this information, like other gun manufacturers have done?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Short answer...............no, but if your Python was made before 1985, someone here can help you with the DOB, after that all data stops. Just put X's for the last two digits of the serial number.

Pardon my manners, WELCOME to the forum.

------------------
Dick

There is a word sweeter than mother, home or heaven--
That word is Liberty.

[This message has been edited by diamonback68 (edited 11-24-2004).]

[This message has been edited by diamonback68 (edited 11-24-2004).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts