Colt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
About a year and a half ago (I don't know how to link to prior threads, "A Fitz special and the greatest generation") a wonderful old gentleman at my sportsman's club gave me a Fitz special New Service .45. Well, my friend continues to defy the grim reaper and I met up with him the other night and he gave me a cherry 1931 Police Positive in .38 special. Ivory grips, bobbed hammer, and shortened barrel. The gun was his fathers, and my friend is in his 80's. What an absolute gem of a gun; and my friend--well, I can't type enough to tell you what an outstanding person he is; he's a prince of a man it goes without saying.
Gun Revolver Firearm Starting pistol Gun accessory

He made that holster himself in the 1950's.
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

The crown on the barrel is factory quality.
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

I don't know when the last time it was fired was, but it will get shot this weekend. You are truly blessed when your collection of friends is even better than your collection of Colts!

Attachments

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
About a year and a half ago (I don't know how to link to prior threads, "A Fitz special and the greatest generation") a wonderful old gentleman at my sportsman's club gave me a Fitz special New Service .45. Well, my friend continues to defy the grim reaper and I met up with him the other night and he gave me a cherry 1931 Police Positive in .38 special. Ivory grips, bobbed hammer, and shortened barrel. The gun was his fathers, and my friend is in his 80's. What an absolute gem of a gun; and my friend--well, I can't type enough to tell you what an outstanding person he is; he's a prince of a man it goes without saying.
View attachment 42814

He made that holster himself in the 1950's.
View attachment 42815

The crown on the barrel is factory quality.
View attachment 42816
I don't know when the last time it was fired was, but it will get shot this weekend. You are truly blessed when your collection of friends is even better than your collection of Colts!
What an absolute gem. Beautiful. You're so right about friends too. Our collecting has blessed me with many new friends here on the forum, some close enough that visit when they can. Every one a gentleman that I'm proud to call friend. Enjoy your new Colt.

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was having some problems with the resolution of the pictures.....not coming thru as high as they should be.
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun accessory

·
Registered
184 Posts
Very nice colt. It's neat to get stuff like this given to us. I was given a nice smith 1917 in 45acp that was made in 17. Old stuff is the best.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Very classy carry combination, right out of the 1930's. Awesome! And still very effective for today. I second the request for a photo of the Fitz'd NS alongside the PP.

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Had a couple requests for the 2 gifts together, so here they are....two amazing 1930's Colts, given to me a year apart by the same wonderful man.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts