Colt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This ia a Italian made SSA that didn't last long......
From the description on the auction:

Overall Condition: This handgun retains about 80% of its metal finish. The barrel and ejector rod housing show thinning near the muzzle. The barrel also shows gouges on the left side next to the cylinder rod, which also shows gouges. The grip frame shows handling marks and tarnish with compression marks on the backstrap and bottom of the grip. The checkering on the hammer is worn. The screw heads are disfigured. The markings are clear. Overall, this handgun rates in about Poor condition.

Mechanics: The cylinder has been blown apart and only part remains. The top strap is buckled, broken off the frame at the rear and cracked at the front. The forcing cone of the barrel is intact. We did not fire this handgun.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad I wasn't standing next to it. What's the story on this?
I just came across it on Gun Auction. Called a Jager Modern Frontier .45
Other parts on the revolver were damaged from flying steel. Even the grips were damaged.
I don't know what he was asking for it (??)

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
Just to make a point, but this type of damage would have occurred whether the gun was manufactured in Italy or the USA.

Bud
ps
I'm with Oyeboten on this one as it was indeed most likely a double charge of an extremely fast burning powder such as Bullseye or Red Dot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.