Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I am a Colt revolver enthusiast and shooter from way back. My first centerfire handgun was a Trooper MkIII that I bought in 1970. I wasn't 21 yet, so my brother had to sign the paperwork, then my second handgun was a Police Positive Special. I still have both of those Colt's. I'm especially fond of the Police Positive Special. I must be because I have five of them! BTW, one of my Police Positive Specials has an action that I will match against any Python. I have Anaconda's, King Cobras, old model Troopers, and even one former NYPD Official Police. I am glad that I found this forum.

·
Registered
794 Posts
All right gerhard! Sounds like you are doing it right. Do you have all PPS issues or do you like one issue more than the others, and why?

Oh yea, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome.
If I understand your question, the oldest PPS that I have is one that was made in 1955 for the Royal Hong Kong Police. It had the full-length square butt and is in .38 S&W the old British sevice round from World War II. The Home Office typically did not arm their police, but the Colonial Office did. But I digress. That one is the oldest PPS that I have. Then I have one in .32 S&W Long, that was made in 1958. And I swear! that little .32 has the absolute best action that I have ever seen on any Colt.
Then I have several that were made in the 1960's including a .32 that has never had the cylinder turned on it. That one has the short grip frame, and I suspect that it was on of the first .32s made with the shorter grip frame.
So, with that background, I will now answer your question directly. The period from whence my favorite PPS came is the late 1950's. That was the era of true craftmanship, and those are my favorite Colts.
PS I also have a couple of Police Positive's (not PPS's) from WWI. But we'll save those for another time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts