Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy thanksgiving everyone. A recent post about a G26 caused me to reevalute an older G27 and carry it for the past week IWB ( kydex holster) instead of a thinner shield. I thouht the thickness of the 27 would be troublesome but was not at all. That has me thinking about a G19 for capacity and shootability ( the shields are very shootable...decent barrel length, good grip length, thin, but hold limited rds). i would be grateful if any of you would share your experiences, pros and cons, in terms of concealability and comfort carrying this pistol IWB and the holsters you like and don’t like.

·
Administrator
7,290 Posts
If you shoot the 27 well , why change ?
You can carry a spare 15 rd M22 magazine as back up if you think more rounds are needed .
That said , if the 19 is calling your name , go for it .

·
Registered
11,355 Posts
I bought the 19 when it first came out and have been very pleased with it. Absolutely reliable. It came with the adjustable rear, and I changed the sights out to Tritium, which I recently replaced as they had gotten very dim. I don't have to worry about wear or scratching it up and it rides under the edge of my seat or in the pocket in the door.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I have carried a 19 for several years. I carry it in a pancake and a paddle holster. I like the 19 for it's accuracy and durability. The 15 round mags help alot too. I don't like IWB myself so I can't say anything about it. I put adjustable rear sight on my 19 and it shoots to POI/POA with 124 gr and 147 gr ammo. We do the double-tap drills at our Clubb and my 19 has never had ONE malfunction using Federal Eagle ammo. Reloads & lead bullets don't work in Glock pistols. FWIW

Check out Hickok45's video on the Gen5 Model 19 Glock. I want one!

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
On the Colt Forum, I'll gladly pronounce the Glock 19 as the best Glock built. It's the best compromise in size, accuracy, reliability...

Ok - back to fondling my Colt's....or Sigs....or Beretta's....

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Some years ago I bought my wife a Glock 19 and she carried it until the 26 came out. She loved the 26.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts