Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is bugging me to buy another (this would be number 3) new Python. We saw one today, tagged at basically 1700. That's more than I paid for the last two, about a year ago, but it doesn't seem to be close to what I've heard of people paying.

She twisted my arm and got me to put it on hold for a couple of days while I think about it. Any imput? It's new in the box if that matters.

Bye the way. For anyone who's interested the S/N is in the PY205XXX range.

·
Registered
10,745 Posts
I think this is a case of "If Momma ain't happy nobody's happy!" Keep peace in the house and buy a Python. I don't know how many others would have their wife telling them to buy another gun.

·
Registered
Colt SAA, Usfa SA, Std Mfg SA.
1,778 Posts
I understand 2 of the same gun, especially if they were originals, but a 3rd same new production gun? You might want to get an original Python or more likely an Anaconda. The Anaconda is at least priced the same as the new Python so it wouldn't sting as bad as an original Python.
Did I miss something as far as new models coming out? As far as I know the new Python's are all the same except for barrel lengths, of which there are only 2.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, mostly because my wife wants one "of her own." Sure, I might shoot it, or it might not get shot at all, but she says she wants one. Good enough for me.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Work permitting I'm going to go by there this morning and put some money down to put it on layaway.

It's such a burden having a wife who's an enabler.

·
Premium Member
4,431 Posts

·
Registered
Colt SAA, Usfa SA, Std Mfg SA.
1,778 Posts
Well, mostly because my wife wants one "of her own." Sure, I might shoot it, or it might not get shot at all, but she says she wants one. Good enough for me.
I kinda got that feeling when you said she was pushing you to get it. I just wanted to hear you say it. 😄

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well it’s here at the house with us. I’ve gone over it a couple of times with some Ren Wax and a soft rag. It’s starting to look decent enough for polite company.

This on has a nicer trigger than my older one. Other than that I can’t see much if any difference. The grips are a little darker on this one but that’s just routine variation.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts