Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going price on a Diamondback .22LR 2.5\" barrel?

I'm looking at purchasing this gun. I've searched expired auctions and none with this configuration have been on auction in the last 90 days. What is true value of this gun? The following is the description of gun I'm looking at.

COLT DIAMONDBACK .22LR, BLUE, 2 1/2" BARREL, ORIGINAL COLT CHECKERED WOOD GRIPS WITH MEDALLION, ALSO COMES WITH RUBBER COLT MEDALLION GRIPS, SLIGHT WEAR AT THE MUZZLE AND SLIGHT RING ON CYLINDER, OTHERWISE PERFECT, A STRONG 98%+ GUN

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Re: Going price on a Diamondback .22LR 2.5\" barrel?

Vipereater

Sounds good, but, I persoanlly would not call a gun with "slight wear" at the muzzle and "slight ring" a 98%+ gun, remember a 100% is brand new, in the box, never fired, with all the papers and tools.
No matter anyway, because of the caliber (22LR) and the barrel length, making that piece somwhat scarce, you are probably looking at $750-800. How much does the guy want?
Other questions I would have are, what kind of checkered wood grips, are they right for the gun? Ask him, how about pictures? How perfect is perfect?

------------------
Dick

IN GOD WE TRUST,
BUT KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY,
JUST IN CASE!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

He's asking $1300. I believe that is too high and I had more like $800 in mind. I don't think its REALLY for sale....well for a $500 premium it is. When the book says rare is this combination? Do you have have one in this combo and when is the last time you've seen one for sale?

Kevin

·
Registered
95 Posts

According to "the book", a blued Diamondback in 22LR is worth $715 at 98%. With wear at the muzzle and a cylinder ring, I am thinking it is closer to 95%, which would be $625. Now that is according to "the book". Prices in my neck of the woods are higher, but $1300 is outrageous!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts

I watched a guy buy one at a gunshow about a year ago in 99% shape perfect box and all for $750. Now I know we've had some inflation but that gun would have to be 100%, NIB, never fired (except factory) for me to go any where near $1300. Outrageous!

------------------
Dick

IN GOD WE TRUST,
BUT KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY,
JUST IN CASE!

[This message has been edited by diamonback68 (edited 02-21-2004).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts