Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some answers. I have a gold king cobra , with legacy edition & one of 1000 engraved into the side . It has never been fired , and is in perfect condition. But my question is , what is it worth ?

I went to get it apraised and got offered $3000, but I walked away.

I can't believe how hard it has been for me to find any kind of information on this specific gun. 20171116_185000.jpg 20171116_184854.jpg

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
I went to get it apraised and got offered $3000, but I walked away.
Welcome to the forum. If you walked at $3,000.00 it seems you have some idea of what it's worth. We have a buy and sell sub forum where you can put it for sale at whatever you think it's worth. You can always come down. Or you can put it up for auction on Gunbroker with no reserve and let the market decide what it's worth.

·
Registered
10,826 Posts
It's not considered professional for any genuine appraiser to make an offer on any item unless you ask for an offer. You can pretty much bet the appraiser is lowballing you on the appraisal and offer he gives if he violates professional standards like that.

Reactions: Olle

·
Registered
737 Posts
$3-3.5k sounds high to me, most collector's avoid Insta-Collectable bling pieces and that seems like a healthy premium over a standard issue gun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts