Colt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I rephotographed my collection and compiled some collages. This is my GC/NM collection:

1) Gold Cup Elite 40, .40 S&W
2) National Match Mk. III, .38 Special MR
3) Gold Cup Commander, .45 ACP
4) Gold Cup Trophy, .45 ACP
5) Gold Cup Ten, 10 mm Auto
6) Elite IX, 9 mm
7) Super Stallion, .38 Super
8) Special Combat Government, .45 ACP

[This message has been edited by Blokey (edited 06-19-2005).]

·
Registered
535 Posts
MAGNIFICENT, Blokey! Thanks for the great pictures. (That's as close to a collection like this as I'll ever get! Thanks for sharing!)

·
Registered
794 Posts
Very nice Blokey!

I remember from some of your other posts that you have many "Safe Queens" and NIB. So my questions are:

1) Are guns number 1, 5 and 6 marked on the box as coming from the Custom Shop?
2) Are guns number 3 and 7 produced in the late 80's (86 to 89)?
3) Why do guns number 1, 2 and 5 appear to NOT be fitted with the Elliason rear sights?

Maybe that will get you talking about these babies!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WARNING!: Lots of pics!

Thanks for the replies!!

Yes they're all NIB safe queens.

1) The only ones that are for sure from the Custom Shop are #5, #6 and #8.

#5 because of this info card:

#6 because the gun includes the "free letter of authenticity" card for purchasing a Colt Custom Shop Limited Edition, filled out by the original owner (returned by request), the authenticity letter and this interesting addendum:

#8 because of the blue Custom Shop blue box w/ white sleeve.

Others may also be CS items but I have no proof.

2) I think a picture says a thousand words with respect to the approximate mfg dates, I have no idea when any of them were made, I never bothered to find out; check out the boxes, stacked in the same order as the first pic, maybe that can help approximate DOBs:

3) All guns are unmolested with their original sights (ie.: the info card for the 10 mm specifies Accro sights); some just came with Elliasons, some with Accros. #2 has the older style Accro with the half-moon rear notch opening.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have Gold Cups made in 57, 61 and 62 and they came with the older Accro sights. It was shortly after that the Elliason appeared.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Very nice assortment of Gold Cups, Blokey!
I finally cornered a NIB Gold Cup Elite 40 at the last OGCA show, but had to pay through the nose for it. The 9mm, 38 super, and 10mm were much easier to come by. My 10mm Gold Cup is the Blue version, and I stumbled across it in a little out of the way gun shop about a year after they came out. The dealer claimed he had it for over a year without a single nibble and sold it to me at his cost to get rid of it. Even a blind squirrel finds an occasional acorn. Have any of you fellows ever seen another blue 10mm Gold cup? I've seen several in stainless, but never another one in blue.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad to hear you finally got your .40 GC! When the Colt Gods shine upon us we do actually score some nice pieces. It took a while to find all these GC calibers in this condition but you just take your time and everything will work out.

I have seen a VERY few pics of blue 10 mm Delta GCs but never seen one in real life; I think it's a rare piece. 10mm/.40 definitely seems to be your lucky caliber.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
The 40 Elite was the last Gold Cup on my list. I already managed to snag the other calibers, and a few duplicates.
Another rare one I acquired by stumbling into the right place at the right time, is a 10/40 Elite...not a Gold Cup, but it still looks nice in their midst. The only other 10/40 I've seen was on Gunsamerica a couple of years back, and many collectors have never heard of one.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Blokey, very nice pictures. Well done and I like them.
A few shows back I had sold a 40 Elite Gold Cup and was told there were NOT many of those.
Thanks for sharing!

------------------
Dan

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dant, did you, by some strange coincidence sell that GCE40 to ohiobuckeye?!

Thanks for the comments all! I wanted to get all the calibers of GCs that I was aware of and I think I'm complete now.

·
Registered
806 Posts
you know I was wondering about that, it seems I sold that down at the OGCA in Wilmington, maybe to Bob Z, the Colt guy sets up there all the time and at the Pro shows. I thought he bought it from me and then sold it. Bob, Hal and Joe buy a lot of my Colts.

------------------
Dan

·
Registered
11 Posts
Blokey,

I got a fellow wanting to sell me a gold cup commander. Stainless, I believe. Can you tell me about what there going for today. He is selling off a collection of colts that he has had for many years. It is NIB.

Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts