Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I can't post a picture, but mine is definitely a KEEPER. I love Commanders and Gold Cups, so it was only a matter of time before I had to have this one.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Bought one to complete my collection of Gold Cups; a beautiful piece. IMHO, the best iteration of the Commander.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Allow me to offer an alternative point--if you're collecting Colts and don't have one, please disregard--or disregard anyway if it's a waste of time: I'm a long time fan of the Commander for a serious carry gun. I like the Gold Cup all right and have owned a couple over the years---for short length of times only. If I wanted more accuracy than a standard GM, I'd have a GM accurized.

The steel framed Commander (I REALLY hate to use the term CBT Commander) and the Gold Cup Commander seem to me to be in between and offer no advantage as practical pieces over the alloy framed Commander for serious carry and the full house Govt Model if a bit more weight, sighting radius, and accuracy is required. A GC Cdr seems even more unnecessary than a steel frame Commander---which, mind you, I HAD to have way back when it first came out until I actually handled and shot it.

Of course, if you just want one, that's more than enough reason to justify the purchase....

------------------
"And the blithe revolver began to sing/ To the blade that twanged on the locking-ring..."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts