Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a few over the years, are they a super-rare Colt?? Whould love to have an adj. sight Commander that can really shoot tight groups. What do you all think, is it better to get a tight Commander and upgrade it, or go for the Gold??......bat /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PS, if you have one lets see the pic's....!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Gold Cup Commanders are not super rare, they turn up occasionally. If you find one, you'll definitely pay a premium for it over a Commander in standard configuration. IMO if you want a shooter, you're probably better off getting a nice regular Commander and having the adjustable sights of your choice put in. I think you'll be able to buy a good amount of ammo with the money you'll have left over.

My GCC:

·
Registered
552 Posts
I agree with Blokey. You can have a custom commander built for less money. I have one that was done by Dave Helton of D & V Customs and it shots more accurately than any of my stock Gold Cups Gov models.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a blue one I bought NIB in the early '90s when I had an FFL. It was very pricey at the time. Mine is blue with a serial number GCC....the digits are below 500 but I don't remember precisely. Wish I'd bt. a stainless too.

As a comment, I have fired mine a bit. Out of the box, it was dysfunctional. My gunsmith and I tinkered with it and got it running. The sights are not conducive to accurate shooting for my eyes.

What's a ballpark value?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts