Colt Forum banner
  • Have you found any great Black Friday deal!? Share them in this post HERE for a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

ohiobuckeye,

I was able to pick up a NIB Gold Cup Elite 40 (excuse the crappy pic!). Yeah, these are hard to find. I've heard of the .40S&W/10mm Auto combos but this one came with everything and was labeled "Gold Cup Elite 40", no reference to a complementary 10mm on the box endflap (like the 9mm/.38Super combos Colt marketed for a while). Colt must have made a run of "Gold Cup" style guns in various calibers with their "Elite" moniker. The IX and 40 were the only 9mm and .40S&W Gold Cups that I'm aware of. They've made at least two different 10mm GCs (Delta Elite Gold Cup and the Gold Cup Ten), I have a GCT. They also made at least two .38Super GCs, the Gold Cup Elite 38 and the .38 Super Stallion, I have one of the latter. And of course there's the ubiquitous .45ACP GC and not so common GC Commander and .38 Spl MR National Match. I don't know if there are any other GC calibers out there.

I'll sift through the safe and take a pic of the GC/NM collection to post.

As for the 9mm Steyr, I paid $825 (although mine's unfired, I know Fiocchi makes this ammo).

[This message has been edited by Blokey (edited 08-30-2004).]

OK, I redid the pic., hopefully it shows up now.

[This message has been edited by Blokey (edited 08-30-2004).]

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Your picture won't open for me..Just shows a little box with an x in it.
The 10/40 combo I have is roll marked on the slide "Elite 10/40", with blue plastic case, and cardboard sleeve, all labeled to match. It was one of a limited number of uncataloged guns, but I've not determined how many were made. I have only seen one other, and it was listed on Gunsamerica last winter.
I've managed to latch onto several 45 GC's, and one of all the other calibers, except for the 40. The Delta Elite GC 10mm is the blue version. I picked it up at a small gun shop in Milford Ohio, when Colt first started chambering for the 10mm. The dealer was tickled to let me have it for cost+shipping, because he was unable to move any 10mm's...I guess, even a blind squirrel finds an occasional acorn..
I've always had a strong urge to shoot it, but decided against it. I bought a stainless 10mm GC slide, and barrel, to build into a shooter, but it keeps sliding down the list of priorities. I found the time to build a 38 super GC to shoot, but that's as far as I got.
Except for the 40GC, the toughest modern Colt Auto to find, at least for me, was a 38 super Double Eagle to round out a set of all the DE calibers. I was beginning to think I would never find one, but a friend of mine from northern ohio, snagged one for me. Until then, I had never even seen one.
I paid a bit more for my Steyr, at 875, but I wasn't about to let it get away. It was also NIB and still had the factory grease and plastic wrap in place.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blokey:
^<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Blokey. I've tried all the photo software I have, and can't open it. Over on the S&W forum some of the guys were complaining that some photo sites they were using had shut down or quit working. Can anyone else open it?

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
At last, I see it, and it looks great! The computer in the den will absolutely not allow me to see the photographs, but my other computer in the basement, displays them instantly...first attempt...and the software is supposed to be identical???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts