Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be the correct magazine for a pre-70 Gold Cup National Match?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe a 7 round Gi type magazine with Colt 45 Auot stamped on the base plate. Which variation of said magazine might make a difference.
The variation is what I'm curious about.......i.e. the markings on the base plate.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
I'll have a picture for you in a few minutes. I think the magazine lips are slightly different also. This magazine was in a 4 digit NM that I purchased as new in the original box, once upon a time.. Lips of magazine were and are unaltered from the factory and follower appears to be the standard commercial Colt as made by metalform.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am sort of curious why you or anyone cares.
I don't mind answering that one.

I care because I have been looking at a Colt National Match from 1968 which is described as being 100% original and NIB. The magazine with the gun just didn't strike me as being the corrrect one, so I thought I would check with some of the more knowledgeable people on here. The answer that I got from flintsghost was exactly what I was looking for.

The knowledge and expertise which forum members here are willing to share is invaluable, IMO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.