Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came accross a Series 70 Gold Cup for $1500.00 with no box or papers, fair but pampered use, all original and exterior 98% or so. Keep in mind this is California and prices are 15% higher do to the Gunlist Law, dealer seems willing to bargin. What is fair price for this gun.

Standard Colts 70's and 80's usally go for 850.00 to 950.00.

Thanks

·
Administrator
7,302 Posts
If you feel he's in the ball park as CA prices go and the pistol is mechanically sound , maybe offer 10% less . Good luck /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have looked on GB for GCNM 70's and the price varies, don't want to insult the dealer but I am thinking of offering 1200.00 which is 20%.

Hoped those with a better feel would offer a comment but I guess I am on my own.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm certainly no expert, but that sounds extremely high. I bought a blued series 80(I'm not sure if that matters too much)in 98% condition with the original box, papers and bushing wrench for $675. Got it on Gunsamerica. $1500 sounds really, really high.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
California prices are all messed up because of the 2000 Gun List Law, the very reason after 158 years my family will be coming to your fine State sooner than later.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sounds high to me. Why not order online and deliverred to Ca? Pay the FFL dealer. Here is $25-35. Probably $50 there but worth the difference.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We have had a "Approved List" since 2000, Only Colt 1911's on the List may be imported from out of the State unless they are C&R. Colt 1911's (not on the List or non C&R) may be only be transfered through a "Private Party Transfer" (guns already in the State, thus higher prices due to supply and demand.

http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

Gold Cups are not on the List.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally found a 70 series Gold Cup, got it for 950.00 without box/papers but a good deal for the PRK. Gun has vintage pachmayr's on it. Now have to wait the 10days.

Question, did the Gold Cup come with the same grade wood grips as the government model, I want to get a set of correct grips.

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts