Now looking for the Easter Bunny...
(and a roll of caps)

ei8ht®
Junk Yard Colts
OGCA Life Member

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
ei8ht, they still make and sell roll caps. Ya can get some and shoot to your heart's content at the T.V. without having to replace it with every shot! Try Wally-world, (they list them), Tin Toy Arcade, Wild West Toys, and others. Same as what we had when we were kids? I don't know, but they're out there.

·
Registered
162 Posts
View attachment 673531

Got the really cool cap gun....
Now looking for the Easter Bunny...
(and a roll of caps)

ei8ht®
Junk Yard Colts
OGCA Life Member
Neat. I assume that is related to Brigadier General Armstrong? Was there additional explanations on the reverse?

·
Premium Member
10,128 Posts
Neat. I assume that is related to Brigadier General Armstrong?
Was there additional explanations on the reverse?
October 2020 in Sam's Calendar
Colt 1908 .380 136358 Issued to the General.

ei8ht®
Junk Yard Colts
OGCA Life Member

·
Administrator
7,159 Posts
Now Politicians and migrant voters have ruined everything.
Joined in May , and now 26 posts in 2 days . What's the rush ...

In your rush to post , you posted off topic political comments in several threads today which just bought you a 1 week vacation . If you choose to return after that , we suggest familiarizing yourself with forum rules and keeping your comments firearm related .

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
60 boxes of caps with 5 rolls per box for $2.45. Boy, if I had an "arsenal of ammo" like that when I was about 7 years old I would have ruled the neighborhood. I would have even spared a few rolls to do my favorite trick which was to set an entire roll on its edge on the curb and then give it a good whack with my dad's hammer which then went off like a cherry bomb. The beginning of my tinnitus I believe....

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Good thread, guys. It stirs up a lot of memories. Seems as though the cheap, "cow-boy" revolvers didn't last long due to spring breakage. I had a small Gov't Model that loaded like the one ei8ht posted. Now, that one seemed to be pretty well built and held up to the rigors of me. And like Walter above, I'm guilty of whacking a roll of caps with a hammer a time or two...

There was a store in my youth, Murphy's 5-10. Cap guns, and yes, they had bunnies and chicks at Easter for sale.

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
I remember going into the old Neisner's 5 & 10 as well as Ben Franklin, Woolworth's etc. some of these even sold guns and ammo. There was an old Woolworth's on Hollywood Blvd. Hollywood FL that was inside one of the old style malls (for lack of a better description), iirc you walked through a Sears to get inside and in that Woolworth's was a selection of rifles setting in racks on the floor. This was probably in the 1980's.

·
Registered
162 Posts
As recently as the 1980s just outside Savannah Georgia there was a cross roads gas station in Richmond Hill that still sold beer and guns and ammo and caps and every Friday held a turkey shoot out back.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Gone are the days that your favorite candy bar was a quarter.
Kids. Gone are the days when a gallon of gas was a quarter and you got a free glass or other dinnerware with each gallon. A nickle bought your favorite candy bar or a coke and two nickles bought a White Castle hamburger. Only much later did the coke jump up to six cents a bottle.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts