Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealer has a Colt Govt. Model Series 70 in the satin nickle Coltguard finish. The gun is in excellent condition and is stock. They want $495. Is that a decent price? Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sounds pretty good to me. I was at a gunshow last weekend in the Dallas area and run of the mill series 80 1991a1's were selling new for $498. I have also seen a lot of stock series 70 pistols in the $650 to $850 range.
Colt prices have really shot up around here in the last month or so.

·
Registered
64 Posts
For a Series 70 in excellent condition, $495 is a good deal. My dealer would charge $650, maybe more--or, just as likely, he'd keep the gun for himself!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I picked it up this week, I took it to the range this morning, the first three mags of hardball blew out the bullseye! I am a happy shooter! Colt's quality may fluctuate, but when you've got a good one, you've got a winner!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Colts 1911 quality doesn't flucuate as much as the stories about the quality do. Colt's production of 1911 styles will continue, slowly but they will continue. I had rather have a Colt than one of those other copies. Its hard to beat the real thing.

------------------

·
Registered
39 Posts
Colts 1911 quality doesn't flucuate as much as the stories about the quality do. Colt's production of 1911 styles will continue, slowly but they will continue. I had rather have a Colt than one of those other copies. Its hard to beat the real thing.

------------------
A 1911 is made by Colt. Everything else is an imitation.

·
Premium Member
3,877 Posts
Good for YOU. I am glad that you were able to pick it up.

For a Series 70 in excellent condition, $495 is a good deal. My dealer would charge $650, maybe more--or, just as likely, he'd keep the gun for himself!

·
Registered
355 Posts
I don't live in the States so I can't really say anything about the price but I'd rather have a COLT than one of those other clones.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have purchased Colts in the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, and in the 2000s. I actually have 57 of them. None show the bad quality I have read about for years on the forums. All shoot very well, and I have not had to replace any parts, other then recoil springs on any of the them. I cannot say the same for my Kimbers, Springers, and even one of my Wilsons had a bad extractor.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts