Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, saw a Trooper MkIII .357, blued, 6" barrel, about 95% with just a little wear on left side of muzzle and was wondering about the asking price of $249. Good deal, great deal, what do you think ??? Thanks in advance, shoo

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just picked up a Trooper w/ 4inch bbl in .22. Paid $350. Asking price was $400. Thought I did good even though it didn't have correct grips. The $249 sounds great for a .357.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Guys, thanks for the replies. I was very close to reaching for my wallet and then decided to wait and get some opinions on this Colt. Sounds like I may have to go back if I can convince the WIFE, also known as my financial advisor. I had an S&W 586 in my hand that was only $225 but quickly put it down when I spied the Colt. They also had a very MINT Colt Cobra snubby I had my eye on but I can't recall the price, may have been in the low three hundred range. Time to go speak with the wife, wish me luck, Shoodaddy or maybe Shoodead

·
Registered
265 Posts
Re: Good price on .357 Trooper MkIII, asking $249

You forgot to tell us the name, phone number, etc, of the place that has these at those prices.

John

·
Registered
5 Posts

That was my first centerfire handgun. I bought it new from the Kmart in Lubbock, Texas in 1975. I honestly don't remember what I paid for the gun, but I think it might have been under $200.00. It was a wonderful revolver; accurate and strong. The Python bug bit later on, and I had to swap...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Hi JCM298A, I'll take another drive to this store probably on Thursday and I'll write down the used Colts they have for sale so members here can call on them if they would like. Obviously if I'm not going to buy them I'd be very happy to see someone here get them. Luckily it appears that Colt prices in Upstate New York haven't caught up with the rest of the country yet and I can still find nice deals. I would appreciate it if someone does score a sweet Colt from this store that they would share a photo and tell us what they stole it for.
Capnrik, the thing that I like about the Trooper .357 is that it looks like a good, strong gun that could eat up Magnum rounds all day. I have bought a S&W Model 19 .357 but I'll probably shoot mostly .38 Specials through that with an occasional cylinder full of Magnums. The Colt just looks beefier to me. I too love the Python, it's just a little out of my price range. That's why I was looking at the S&W 586, I love that full underlug look and the 586 can usually be had for considerably less than a Python.
I'll post here again tomorrow with a list of my finds along with contact info. Take care, Shoodaddy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts