Colt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my dad is thinking about selling his delta elite gold cup national match 10mm what would be a good price to ask. never been fired

·
Registered
918 Posts
Hi R32KE. New member? Welcome to the Forum.
I think you need to provide more information in order to get a valuation. Detailed description, does it have box and papers and preferably a photo or two. No-one can or will value it on limited info provided.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I often try gunbroker.com to get a ballpark idea.
Also, ar15armory.com has a 10mm topic with some real pros, that will give you an accurate value.

·
Registered
103 Posts
he told me it was a delta elite gold cup national match but it just a gold cup. the serial number is DG0202xx
It is Colt's 10mm (which is most commonly a delta elite) version of the gold cup (delta gold cup), sometimes it is referred to as a delta elite gold cup. An unfired blued one with the original box and papers may bring $1500+ without box or stainless a bit less. Nice and relatively uncommon.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
A friend's brother bought a stainless one at a show last year for a grand, cash. We all thought he did very well. I seem to recall he had the case for it. Mint.

·
Registered
16 Posts
HiR32KE, I am interested please email me when your dad is ready to sell. Will treat you well, fast pay makes for fast friends!. Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Their prices vary by year and condition. I bought one a couple years ago for $1K from a fellow gunclub member lightly shot with box, etc. I had been looking for one for a couple years that had not been "improved" with a beavertail, ambi safeties, etc. Finally found one a guy in a gunclub I belong to had. It is a 91-92 in SS of course and I replaced the wrap around rubber grips as Colt was still grooving the front of the frame at that time.

Generally the value of these is from $1-2K with the most valuable ones being the blued ones as they were only made for one year (the first year of production). Then they go down as you get into the 90s. I have seen some enhanced ones with the duckbill safety and enhanced hammer in SS of course that were probably made around 1994-95. I have seen a couple beat up ones in the $800 area.

These do not have ramped barrels, but I bought this guy to shoot at 50 and 100 yards, not blast bears with, so that is O.K.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts