Colt Forum banner

Got a M1908 hammerless .380 need help

1K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Mrexmt 
#1 ·
I won this M1908 Pocket Hammerless .380 from 1918 in an auction recently for a very good price, but it is missing the safety/slide catch as seen in the photos. How hard is it to replace this part? Can I just push the broken pin out w/ a punch & slide in the new catch? I will also post in the WTB section for this part also.
Any help appreciated. These are from the auction photos.
Thank you
Leigh
Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Revolver
Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Starting pistol

See less See more
#6 ·
Ebay is full of grab bags of parts I have enough parts to set up two guns if I can get the frames. I know who has a half frame. :D

#13 ·
For corresponding production periods / serial number ranges, the 1903 and 1908 M slide safety/locks are interchangeable.

According to Brunner:

- you want the 3rd version of the safety used from mid-1911 into 1922, c. 1908 serial numbers 8000 through 66000, and c. 1903 numbers 114700
through 422000. In 1922 the upper extension of the safety was squared off and the matching cuts in the slide correspondingly enlarged. So for a later
safety you would have to enlarge the notch in your slide.

- from 1926 forward, c. 1908 sn 92894, and c. 1903 sn 468097, the shaft was changed again to fit the new type sear and connector. So, this
latest type safety will also not work in your pistol.

To remove the shaft in your pistol, the hammer must be cocked, and the slide lock in the locked position (in your case rotate the shaft rearward). Then you can push the shaft out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.