Colt Forum banner

Got a New Pistola Today Made my Heart Skip a few Thought I would Share.

5K views 48 replies 29 participants last post by  frmconcrete09 
#1 ·
Okay so you all know I have 10 gazillion guns listed for sale on Gunbroker. Over the years I have had plenty of phone conversations go "I wish I were You!" I always heed warning to the fellas (and a few gals) who say this because to some degree being a gun dealer kills much of the excitement that comes with Gun Accumulating or Collecting. I remember many years ago when I got a 2.5" Bright Stainless Python in I would tear the box open like a child and Christmas, just couldn't wait to get my hands on that new piece. Now a days I get that 2.5" Bright Python in and I tell my secretary to go throw it in the corner with the rest of them.

Today I got a gun in and I have to admit I would've used my teeth to open the box if no one was looking! It is a USFA "Shot Pistol" which shoots the .45 and .410 Shotgun shells (Take Warning!!! Those of you who compare this to a Judge will be subject to fine and imprisonment!!! That is nothing short of Comparing a Python to a Sig Mosquito) USFA didn't make many of these but the few they did leak I managed to get my hands on 4 of them. Built like a tank the Massive cylinder is so impressive! The amout of "Over Built" this gun possesses is incredible. Guess they figured the wear parts to push that heavy of a cylinder needed to last a long time so they look like they were off the Titanic as my friend told me when he seen it.

Pictures so do not do this gun justice. If you held it in your hand it has a whole new meaning. I'll post several pics to try to convey just what this gun is about but if you ever have the chance to grab one of these, don't pass....I'll buy it!!!

Gun Revolver Firearm Trigger Starting pistol

Gun Revolver Firearm Starting pistol Trigger

Material property Revolver

Material property Revolver

Cylinder

See less See more
#4 ·
Well Keystonearms, I wondered where you came up with that screen name, now I know. I amaze myself at how much I learn by reading.......anyhow, I can see why you wouldn't get excited over a new gun.....but frankly, although that looks well made.....it doesn't wiggle my needle at all, and I used to be a wheel guy.
You didn't list a selling price, I suspect its up there, but I sure would like to see you shoot it and let us know how you like it.

#5 ·
It's okay Triton different strokes for different folks. Now as far as the needle wiggle thing I think there is a pill for that!

#10 ·
Okay so you all know I have 10 gazillion guns listed for sale on Gunbroker. Over the years I have had plenty of phone conversations go "I wish I were You!" I always heed warning to the fellas (and a few gals) who say this because to some degree being a gun dealer kills much of the excitement that comes with Gun Accumulating or Collecting. I remember many years ago when I got a 2.5" Bright Stainless Python in I would tear the box open like a child and Christmas, just couldn't wait to get my hands on that new piece. Now a days I get that 2.5" Bright Python in and I tell my secretary to go throw it in the corner with the rest of them.

Today I got a gun in and I have to admit I would've used my teeth to open the box if no one was looking! It is a USFA "Shot Pistol" which shoots the .45 and .410 Shotgun shells (Take Warning!!! Those of you who compare this to a Judge will be subject to fine and imprisonment!!! That is nothing short of Comparing a Python to a Sig Mosquito) USFA didn't make many of these but the few they did leak I managed to get my hands on 4 of them. Built like a tank the Massive cylinder is so impressive! The amout of "Over Built" this gun possesses is incredible. Guess they figured the wear parts to push that heavy of a cylinder needed to last a long time so they look like they were off the Titanic as my friend told me when he seen it.

Pictures so do not do this gun justice. If you held it in your hand it has a whole new meaning. I'll post several pics to try to convey just what this gun is about but if you ever have the chance to grab one of these, don't pass....I'll buy it!!!

View attachment 48653
View attachment 48654
View attachment 48655
View attachment 48655
View attachment 48656
Well now you've got your new CCW piece!:)

#12 ·
Outstanding! .. And well done good Sir! It's one I don't have in the collection.. And I just missed Mr. Donnelley's two that sold as soon as they were spotted just the other day. By the instant "buy now" on each of his listings, he unfortunately...or fortunately, depending on how you look at it when you built the gun...he realized that he listed a little low I'm sure. It seems the Shot pistol is an instant collectors grail gun and the current market value is well above and beyond what I think the MSRP was or was going to be.

#13 ·
I actually missed the one with the M4 flash suppressor but got the 2nd one that he listed and after I emailed him he informed me he had one more and I purchased it for the same price as the one that sold earlier. The two that are coming appear to be a copper color instead of the black but I'm not complaining!

#17 ·
Tell me more SKW...Were there different finishes, configurations? Nickel???? I seen the one with the M4 Suppressor. Thirsting for more.

#19 · (Edited)
Hey Key, I recall that I believe Doug mentioned something about one of the Shot pistols that sold, and I believe it's yours, having an even more rare roll mark configuration. That being the USFA roll mark on the left side and also has it on the barrel. I can see that your revolver does have the roll marks in those places. I can't see the roll mark fitting on the barrel with the flash suppressor style gun. I'm not positive that I'm correct in all that statement, but maybe you might want to get some verification on it. No examples readily available to compare to see if your gun has unique roll marks, but I wouldn't doubt it considering the previous owner.

#22 ·
Hey Key, I recall that I believe Doug mentioned something about one of the Shot pistols that sold, and I believe it's yours, having an even more rare roll mark configuration. That being the USFA roll mark on the left side and also has it on the barrel. I can see that your revolver does have the roll marks in those places. I can't see the roll mark fitting on the barrel with the flash suppressor style gun. I'm not positive that I'm correct in all that statement, but maybe you might want to get some verification on it. No examples readily available to compare to see if your gun has unique roll marks, but I wouldn't doubt it considering the previous owner.
I now own this one, another I picked up on another site, the one that "Canerod" won the other morning and then a third that I purchased directly from Doug. I will have to display the entire litter once they all find their rightful home.....Here with me!

#27 ·
Hey Tony thanks for the kind words. I am going to shoot one, just NOT this one. Of the 4 that I now own 1 is Bronze in color and it has been fired so I won't take anything away from the package by firing it more. I am so curious to see what the pattern looks like at 12 feet. I want to know how much to aim when that stranger walks through my bedroom door carrying a Glock!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.