Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A nifty little something for the advanced collector. A Confederate Dance revolver! All numbers match and overall condition is pretty good. I have nothing to do with this gun, just thought I would share it with the board members. You can find it on Gunbroker. Happy drooling! A picture.

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
Funny... I was going to say those must have been some really dangerous dances. :)

Then I remembered I was on the Internet and did some searching and found that it was a Confederate revolver made by J.H. Dance and Brothers.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Be very, very careful about these. They are one of the most faked of all Confederate handguns. My mentor owned 3 and was trying to buy a 4th. The three he had all had a provenance like a "Monkey Ward Christmas catalog"; and what he would do and taught me to do was take the new one apart on one towel and a "known" one apart on another towel and compare the mill marks. They were all made on the same machinery and the mill marks were the same....We never found the 4th that wasn't a fake...The biggest problem now is finding a real one to compare this one with...unless it has a bulletproof pedigree....cf

1 - 3 of 3 Posts