Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
She's gotta meeting with the Boss in 5,4,3,2...

Me thinks she will get the promotion...

One of the first things about small country airports, everyone in the office pretty much knows who's supposed to be there, on sight.

Secondly, if someone there tells you to stop, something besides moral imperative is backing up that command.

·
Registered
832 Posts
After World War II, the US authorities procured several thousand FN 1922’s to arm the German railroad police (Bahnpolizei) in their occupation zone. By the time they were delivered, the US zone as such didn’t exist anymore, and the pistols went to the Deutsche Bundesbahn, where they entered service in 1951. The FN 1922 remained the Bahnpolizei’s standard sidearm until it was replaced by the Sig-Sauer P6 in 1978/79.

The Bahnpolizei did not fool around. (No German cops did) In 1972 my ex-wife was returning from a shopping frenzy at the big PX in Frankfurt. There was some kind of commotion and a couple of Bahnpolizei were chasing some guy along the platforms in the Hauptbahnhof. One of the cops yelled for him to stop twice, "Halt oder ich schieße!" He did not yell a third time. She said the cop fired once, the guy went down and they were all over him.

She didn't know what it was all about, but she was certainly more subdued around German cops after that.

Gun Firearm Trigger Starting pistol Gun barrel

·
Registered
832 Posts
Another treasure from the Grafenwöhr Rod & Gun Club from late in 1978. The Bayerische Landespolizei began issuing the H&K P7 so their Walthers were available surplus through the US Rod and Gun Clubs, as well as commercial sources like Waffen Franconia. For 75 bucks, you got a box with a pistol, two mags, one with a finger rest and one without. Inside the lid, the name of the cop who had it last. The ByP in an oval property mark is X'd out.

Gun Firearm Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory
Metal

·
Registered
832 Posts
View attachment 698793
If I'm lucky sometimes I can find a period correct Departmental corect
badge to go with a Police Pistol I have,
This time I accidentally bought a Pistol
that matches a Badge I did not even know I had.
ZOTS right between the eyes.
-8-
Man, when you get lucky you don't fool around. Have you checked your pockets for old lottery tickets?

·
Registered
832 Posts
It is in fact the House Gun do to its simplicity.
No safety, if it rattles when you shake it...its Loaded.
(note to self...
all guns are always loaded especially the one's that are...)
Certainly less emotional attachment than one of the hammerless. It would be hateful to have some pot-bellied detective scratch his initials in it and deposit it in some Cuyahoga county evidence locker while they try to figure out if some miscreant deserved the shooting he got.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts