Colt Forum banner

5781 - 5800 of 5868 Posts

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
Whoa, the thread almost fell off of the grid!
So here's one I just "found" after having misplaced it for a couple months...
I like the London Office pistols especially without the post-WW2 slathering of test proofs.
Good Save Brother...!!

If I had more to contribute...I would add it.

But, I AM on a mission for an '03 !!

OH...BTW...Hope All Is Well With You Sensei !!

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Very nice early pistol. How many in the shipment to the London Agency out of interest?
I see it has what looks like the 'J.J.' mark on the underside of the frame near the trigger.
Regards
AlanD
It's not all that early, S/N is partially obscured (178xxx) :)

Good eye, I didn't notice that before!
(right side front of trigger guard area)

·
Registered
18 Posts
It's gorgeous!
I think a moving picture show is a first for this thread... I'm mesmerized by the shiny rotating object :)

No offense but it looks awfully shiny and polished to be original finish for 1921 manufacture.
Whoever did the work did a beautiful job.
I posted this 1903 last year when I picked it up from a pawn shop in Oklahoma. It spent the last 7 months at Fords Custom shop getting a complete makeover inside and out.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Whoa, the thread almost fell off of the grid!
So here's one I just "found" after having misplaced it for a couple months...
I like the London Office pistols especially without the post-WW2 slathering of test proofs./snip/

View attachment 704499
Very nice pistol, and a right proper '14-'15 type III mag.
I probably won't be in line for a pistol like that one, but the magazine is one that is on my list of things to put in the pile........

·
Registered
18 Posts
Certainly there are guns that benefit from a complete overhaul. That thing turned out real fine.
Can you say anything about the grip panels?
The original black plastic grips were broken so these new ones are bonded ivory sold by Altamont grips. I wasn't sure if I would like them especially for the price but I think they turned out great.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
Turned out Really Nice Chris !!

Altamont Bonded Ivory...from their site:

Aged Ivory with Gold Medallions ~ $71
Bonded Ivory with Silver Medallions ~ $50

From Al Gore's Interwebs:

Bonded Ivory was developed as an economical genuine Ivory substitute. This epoxy, filled with natural materials, works and polishes, as well as looks like real Ivory. With age, it develops a yellowish patina which makes it indistinguishable from the more expensive and fragile real thing. Bonded Ivory is durable and tough for heavy use and long life.

And this from a Ruger Forum member in 2014...

"The grip is made of Corian and carbon fiber". That's what Altamont replied when I asked via e-mail what the bonded ivory grips I'd just purchased from Ruger were made of. This subject has been in the Forum a jillion times (search) but I couldn't resist asking the manufacturer directly.

They're made of what?

5781 - 5800 of 5868 Posts