Colt Forum banner
7841 - 7860 of 7948 Posts

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
You know........ That smooth lumber has a certain attractiveness. I may have posted these grips before, but not the whole pistol. The wood is from 73shovel. It would seem that he has a unique connection for such things.
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

The pistol is one that sorta fell in my lap. The cost was well below what you'd expect for something like this thing. It is the one I got from the detective who sold it for an old timer retired cop. He just wanted to be rid of it. It has been up on here before with the black rubber grips. It is in better shape than most.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Well.....as long as i'm tryin' to extract images from my 1898 hand-crank steam powered laptop, so I can upload 'em from my new(ish) hotrod chromebook, I ought to put up a couple more, don'chathink?
Alrighty, then.
Air gun Wood Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Grille Mobile phone Telephony Communication Device Wood

Wood Musical instrument Bag String instrument Folk instrument

Grips panels also from 73shovel. Y'all should check out his thread in the WTS section. There is a lot of stuff there. There is some fine revolver wood, and some for the 1908 model N .25acp.
Some of it is OE, and some is new exact reproduction, made from actual Colt factory drawings/blueprints with authentic NOS medallions. He even has some, that for all the world, looks like genuine ivory, but is some kind of special formulated hard synthetic material, Like the ones SHOOTER13 has on his.
If you want to dress up a nice old hand gun, 73shovel is the guy to contact.
Thanks, Al.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Well.....as long as i'm tryin' to extract images from my 1898 hand-crank stream powered laptop, so I can upload 'em from my new(ish) hotrod chromebook, I ought to put up a couple more, don'chathink?
Alrighty, then.
View attachment 792637
View attachment 792631
View attachment 792632
View attachment 792633
Grips panels also from 73shovel. Y'all should check out his thread in the WTS section. There is a lot of stuff there. There is some fine revolver wood, and some for the 1908 model N .25acp.
Some of it is OE, and some is new exact reproduction, made from actual Colt factory drawings/blueprints with authentic NOS medallions. He even has some, that for all the world, looks like genuine ivory, but is some kind of special formulated hard synthetic material, Like the ones SHOOTER13 has on his.
If you want to dress up a nice old hand gun, 73shovel is the guy to contact.
Thanks, Al.
Love both the 1903 and grips…. Yes, Al is the man!

·
Registered
12,868 Posts
Kevin; thanks and sweet 1903! Love the grips on the older sibling…

Thanks Jack...

The stocks on my Colt '03 Type II above are Mike Poulin crafted from David Warther created Resin-Ivory+S™{ Faux Shreger Line } material...as provided by 73shovel, as are the stocks pictured below on my Colt '08 Type III Pocket Hammerless:

The original Colt Armory brick was gifted by my friend colt03... Thanks Craig !!

Dave Warther website

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Thanks Jack...

The stocks on my Colt '03 Type II above are Mike Poulin crafted from David Warther created Resin-Ivory+S™{ Faux Shreger Line } material...as provided by 73shovel, as are the stocks pictured below on my Colt '08 Type III Pocket Hammerless:

The original Colt Armory brick was gifted by my friend colt03... Thanks Craig !!

Dave Warther website
Thanks for the info Kevin!

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
∆∆∆∆ Those grips. With all the intricate uniqueness of real Ivory.
I am rather fond of elephants, if you can imagine that, so none of the big guys got poached for their tusks. It is a very satisfactory alternative.
ps. I am also very fond of turtles & tortoises.....terrapins of all kinds. I have actually rescued a few from certain death on the roadway. Jes' sayin'.

·
Premium Member
21,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,849 · (Edited)
∆∆∆∆ ve.
I have actually rescued a few from certain death on the roadway. Jes' sayin'.
Rescue Cat in ei8htland....
Cat Vertebrate Felidae Carnivore Mammal

Topper

Rectangle Gun barrel Gun accessory Font Metal

Not Topper
ei8ht®

·
Registered
60 Posts
Question for you folks with the .25ACP vest pockets... how many lands/grooves do your barrels have?

I picked up an early model (that I posted a few months back) and it appeared to have 12 lands/grooves... almost appearing like a Marlin microgroove barrel. I was recently picked up a spare barrel from an unknown vintage gun and it appears to only have 6.
I'm not sure what happened with this photo of the original barrel that makes it look like 12 lands/grooves, but I retrieved a bullet fired from it and it definitely only has 6 lands/groves. "mystery solved" by experimentation.

7841 - 7860 of 7948 Posts