Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a couple of weeks in layaway jail. Got it out today, pretty stoked to have it home. Already ordered the Colt Letter. As I noted before it's a 1902 production. It did have a newer mainspring under the grips. The bore is pitted but nothing a 117 year old barrel wouldn't pass bullets through. I'll order some cowboy loads later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
There is a slight gap at the trigger guard, but I tightened up the screws so the gap is GONE!

Edited to add....The Pawn shop has complained they can't get new SAA shipped to them....so this one showed up instead and a century late.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This one has a good clean and crisp hammer pull and cylinder lockup. I do not intend to replace anything on this for cosmetics and will let it remain in it's worn glory. I removed the grips and both havles exhibit the last 4 digits of the serial number scratched on the inside with a sharp pick or something. When I can get some ammo there will be some range time. The bore is pretty nasty, but I'm not target shooting, just going to put some lead in the general direction I hope! I'm excited to say I finally got a Colt SAA. The only thing I can do is make sure it's cleaned and oiled properly.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I make my own belts and holsters. Thank you for the compliment.
WOW!!! I make my own too but mine look like Dennis The Menace did it compared to your craftsmanship! OUTSTANDING.

You absolutely have to post the letter when you receive it. I lettered my 1906 and 1916 SAAs and put the letter data in the Historical section of this forum.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Awesome ! Congratulations. Just the way I like them. Looks like it’s been in them piney woods a while. I suspect you’ll find it shoots pretty well.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Looks like it has retained nice original grips. We don't see much of this anymore, because the "grip swappers" have done their travesty since about 1955.

I even saw a nice etched 7-1/2" CFSS from the 1880 period with Franzite grips. Ugly!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts