Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Trooper MK III back from Colt after sending it in for refinishing. They also adjusted the timing. I think they did a great job. Top pic is now, bottom before. Sorry that the picture doesn't do the refinishing job justice.

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Looks like a refinish that would be difficult to detect. Enjoy. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They actually did an excellent job. I am going to try and get a better picture. I also have a pristine set of grips that I am putting on it. It's also my best shooter.

John

·
Registered
88 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like a refinish that would be difficult to detect. Enjoy. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
looks like a new trooper

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[ QUOTE ]

Nice gun and a nice job on the refinish. Did Colts mark the gun in any way to signify the refinish?

Hi Charlie,
I just looked it over carefully and there are no new markings on it.

John

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
John,
Did you have a timing problem? What exactly did they do, do you know?
I picked up a six-incher a couple weeks back, just got a white outline rear blade installed yesterday, dumped the unworkable (for me /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif ) factory grips in favor of Pachmayrs, and I'm building up to shooting the thing.
Checked timing & carryup before I bought it, had no problems as far as I can determine.Gun's obviously been used a bit, but everything's still tight on it. Hand looks good, ratchet looks good, cylinder locks up well before the hammer reaches full-cock on a slow carryup check.
What was yours doing?
Denis

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Denis,
I shot it a couple of times before I sent it back to Colt and it seemed fine. The work order just says they did the refinish and adjusted the timing, not other details. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but hope to this week.

John

·
Registered
759 Posts
I think they do the timing check/adjustment as a matter of course. I just got my Python back from being renickeled, and the invoice said they adjusted the timing. Doesn't seem any different from before, but what do I know? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts