Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first custom shop gun. Came with a blue box and not the Pelican case. Showing the serial number so OctopusHighball can use for his data base. And judging by the test target from Colt t looks like it will be a heckuva shooter also. Front strap checkering feels great. Colt claims very limited production on this particular model.
Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft Gun barrel
Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft gun Airsoft
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Airsoft gun

·
Registered
70 Posts
That is very nice. question what does the VP and smith stamp mean my new Competition series and my old combat target have those stampings

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Congrats on the new M45A1!

Quick question... does it have the "VP" and 'smith stamp on the left of the trigger guard?

That was a new serial number for the list, thanks again!
Yes the VP is there as well as a small letter "S"
If you want to add my Blue box Ionbond to your list the serial is 12290EGA.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is very nice. question what does the VP and smith stamp mean my new Competition series and my old combat target have those stampings
The VP inside a small triangle is the Colt Verified Proof stamp. Other markings are usually inspector marks. My Ionbond M45A1 CQB has these similar markings as well.

Reactions: ei8ht

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very nice Snake Gunner. I've put a claim on this CQB version myself today. I like the front grip checkering, added feature.
Unfortunately no more cool pelican cases on the latest productions, but at least the price is a little better than the earlier custom shop CQB's.
You're going to love it. Congrats.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Yes the VP is there as well as a small letter "S"
If you want to add my Blue box Ionbond to your list the serial is 12290EGA.
Well, just when one thinks they know it all... An "S"? Perhaps a recent change, but in the past a letter denoted a regular production gun, whereas a number denoted a gunsmith from the Colt Custom Shop. I remember a post by Brent saying that this new version received the whole Custom Shop treatment same as the old CQBs in the Pelican Case. Well, another twist to the saga of the M45A1s!

Have recorded your IonBond Blue Box as well. Most likely shipped with two black Wilson Combat mags, yes?

EDIT: Does it have the "CCS" stamp under the grips?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Yes two black mags on the ionbond, blue box gun.
Two stainless non Wilson mags with a rampant Colt on the side on the CCS.
I will have to check under the grips on the CSS. Which side should be marked under the grips?
I'll also double check the letter. It was very shallow and I was going by my picture. I'll use my magnify loop Lol.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Yes two black mags on the ionbond, blue box gun.
Two stainless non Wilson mags with a rampant Colt on the side on the CCS.
I will have to check under the grips on the CSS. Which side should be marked under the grips?
I'll also double check the letter. It was very shallow and I was going by my picture. I'll use my magnify loop Lol.
Left grip panel, near the bottom bushing.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts