Colt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've joined the ranks of proud Python owners. Picked up a 6 inch blued one today. Joins my other Colts, a PPS in 38 Special and PPS in 32-20. Took it to the range and tried it out. Wow is all I can say. Here are two quick photos I snapped.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,670 Posts
It's like being able to buy a Ferrari or a Rolex.
You just got the very best there is of something and that makes it even sweeter.

Now you can read and hear all the internet and gun shop "experts" tell you all about how Colt Pythons are over-priced, over-hyped junk.
You'll be able to just nod your head, and give them that little Mona Lisa smile....... You now know better.

·
Registered
991 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
You just got the very best there is of something and that makes it even sweeter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely!

Fairlane - Excellent! Welcome to the ranks. Focus or not, that looks like a beautiful Python.

My new one just came in today, but I have a seven day waiting period.

Keep an eye open for my next post. It's going to be a good one.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A friend came with me to pick it up and than off to the range. He shot it and told me tonight that if I found another one I should let him know. He wants one. A convert on the first day.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,670 Posts
Guns are HARD to photograph well.
I find that getting good focus is the least of the difficulty.

There are several professional photographers on the internet gun forums that post gorgeous photos of pistols.
I think they use special lighting and diffusers to prevent glare.

In any event, theirs look great, mine look like crap.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Yea Fairlane! Ya' done good! I've heard about good Pythons and bad Pythons but all but one that I've fired were wonderful. The single stinker of the bunch had suffered the disgrace of an "action job" and boy howdy, did somebody ever do a "job" on that poor thing.

·
Registered
991 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Nice.
Welcome to the club.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeff - Are you speechless this morning? Maybe a few too many last night? Or is it merely this new Python that has you in awe?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Nice gun. Congratulations.
Some cameras just won't focus when you get in for a close-up. They won't focus any closer than say 2' or so. My old Sony Mavica is like that. The newer cameras have a macro button that allows them to focus up close.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
@ Fairlane:

Congrats on your Python!

@ Dfariswheel:

The "Mona Lisa smile quote" should be inscribed on a plaque and hung in every Coltafficionados house.
Hear, hear!

As for taking pictures of guns:

I recently have learned 2 things when shooting guns with a camera (funny, shooting guns with... anyway /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif)

First is use a stand or camera tripod. Helps to keep the picture steady and in focus.
Second: go for natural lighting. Best results can be obtained on a day with clouds to prevent mirages of the sun on those pristinely polished Colts. Afterall, they don't need the sun to shine... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Jeff - Are you speechless this morning? Maybe a few too many last night? Or is it merely this new Python that has you in awe?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I woke up, saw the pictures, tried to focus them in my tiny little head, and thought I was still drunk. So I limited myself to a very minor pat on Fairlanes back and crawled back into bed.... Ha ha ha
Now I realize, twas not me and my head, jus' da pictures. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Nice Python... I have NIB 6" blued just like yours. For pics I always use a tripod to keep it very still, and like others have mentioned natural lighting (no flash). Here are some of mine I take next to a window with the blinds drawn.
Click on the pic for more pictures.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts