Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!,

Today I helped a friend disassemble his gun and I accidentally pushed a little lever inside the left hand side of the body, near the hammer. It is lose and hangs too low on the inside of the mag well that no magazine can feed in. What can I do? Is there a picture of the part somewhere on the internet so I can point out the piece?

Thanks in advance,
Robert

·
Registered
9 Posts
In the "new" manual for the Mustang, Mustang +II, Government 380 and Pony Colt has a whole section on the ejector and how to work with it during disassembly and re-assembly. I say new because I have an older steel mustang that was sent back for a broken ejector and when it was returned (fixed at no cost) it came with the "new" manual. I can copy and fax the relevant pages if you want - e-mail me off-line with fax number. I will later try and get it scanned for easier distribution. The instructions have several very helpful figures that if you go slow fixing the reversed ejector is easy. I did it myself last week.

Cheers - Chuck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chuck,

Thanks for the offer, someone from the Glocktalk.com forum emailed me a diagram on how to fix this problem. My friend was able to fix it. Apparently it is common enough of a problem that they have a diagram for it!

Thanks for the offer,
Robert

·
Registered
9 Posts
Robert,

Your welcome, glad you got it back together. I know the first time I did the same thing I got a little sinking feeling - then I remembered the instructions in the "new" manual and it was fairly easy to fix. I would suggest that your friend call Colt for a manual, they may even send a free one.

--Chuck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts