Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,820 Posts
Of course, the gun is NOT a Model of 1911, the last of which was a military pistol made in 1919. I suspect the Chief knows that. I also suspect the Chief knows the gun has been refinished.

For those just learning about Post-War commercial Government Models, note that the gun originally would have had the "near-mirror" finish on the flats, and the edges (even on the hammer sides) would have been much sharper. The original stock screws and Coltwood plastic stocks were probably replaced when the gun was refinished. On the upside, as a refinished gun, no value will be lost from shooting or carrying.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The first thing I thought when I saw it was "wow that is NICE looking!". But then I thought it was a little TOO nice looking for the age. Still a beautiful Colt! I am curious what that ran you though.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Beautiful pistol, congratulations.

BTW, 1954 was a good year - the year I was born. ;)

·
Registered
208 Posts
refinished or not, I don't know. I will leave that to forum members more experienced than myself. But that is one nice chunk of colt workmanship! Congrats on a nice find Chief. Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
625 Posts
while I also respect certain elders knowledge of Colt firearms and the difference in 1911/1911A1/Government Model terminology and stocks vs grips, I continue to grow weary of the delivery and appearance of insolence and contempt of other members.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.