Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Government Model IV Series 80 .380 needs help...

>>I recently picked up NIB Government Model IV Series 80 .380 and I would like to spiff it up a bit. For starters I'm looking for new springs and a full length steel recoil spring guide rod. I found the springs pretty fast but can't seem to find an aftermarket guide rod for it - I'm finding plenty for Mustangs and Ponies - but none for my model.

Can anyone point me to some place where I can find the appropriate guide rod for this .380 Government pup...? Perhaps a custom house specializing with the little Colts...?

Thanks in advance for your time and help with this matter.

Regards...TW<<

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
Re: Government Model IV Series 80 .380 needs help

Colt has a stock letter identifying some Out of Production model parts suppliers with some idea of what they support.
Best I can tell for yours, you might try:
Numrich Gun Parts (e-gunparts.com) 1-845-679-2417
Jack First Distributors 1-605-343-9544
Accur-Tune 1-864-338-7714
Numrich can obviously be checked on line.
Several posters have had good luck recently with Jack First for things that even Numrich was out of. HTH /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
149 Posts
Re: Government Model IV Series 80 .380 needs help

Wolf springs has started selling guide for Mustang might have for yours also

·
Banned
1,130 Posts
Re: Government Model IV Series 80 .380 needs help...

i belive cyl and slide once offered those, i bought a ambi safety for one several yrs ago from them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Government Model IV Series 80 .380 needs help

>>Thanks for the help...! I'll check out these sources...TW<<

·
Registered
20 Posts
Re: Government Model IV Series 80 .380 needs help...

They are a great little pistol, you'll love it. I also looked into the rod guide but decided that 1.. the plastic one worked fine so don't worry about it. and 2.. Colt wouldn't have used the plastic if it were a problem.
I just Traded mine away on something I wanted more and will be posting my extra items soon (This weekend) If your looking for a good never used holster ( El paso saddlery ultra carry inside waistband - tuckable) and El Paso mag pouch Privete message me. I will also be posting an extra barrel, magazine(blue), Pachmeyr grips, and assorted springs (Some new some not )and ( I think ) a firing pin
I need to get home for the weekend to see just what I have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts