Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a series 70 GOVN. model in 38 super . the trigger has been changed to an adjustable type.

what is the correct trigger for this one , is it blue or nickel Gun Firearm Trigger Starting pistol Airsoft gun
or ,stainless?????

i would like to get it back to original condition. here is a picture ,i do have the original stocks too just added ivory.
Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory
Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory
PS once i know what i need ,does someone have it here on the forum

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
The two Series 70 pistols I had originally came with a short satin nickel serrated trigger. One pistol is a .45 the other was a .38 Super. My brother's .45 had the same OEM trigger.

·
Registered
467 Posts
In the late 70's and early 80's Colt seems to have used what ever came to hand to fit triggers and external controls. I have two series 70's that I bought new. one is Colt Guard with blue externals and, and one is blue with a nickle trigger. So, either blue or nickel serrated short trigger would be ok. I like blue with blue if i have a choice.

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
This gun has the larger rollmarks which means it is an earlier Series 70 and the Nickel trigger would be correct, but a blue trigger certainly would be the next best choice.
I'd look on eBay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.