Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a picture of my two Government Model Enhanced Colts from the mid 90’s. Both are with box and docs and remain unfired and have Hogue Cocobolo grips instead of factory rubber wraparounds. Blued one is in 38 Super and BSS one is in 45.

512FB1EB-593F-426E-AE68-17E8957AF699.jpg

·
Registered
881 Posts
I carried an enhanced Combat Commander for years as well as a couple of enhanced Officer Models.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I have an enhanced GCNM. They came out in 92 I think and mine is a 96, which was the last year for the steel trigger in Gold Cups. In 97 the GCT came out with the wide Aluminum trigger.

To a lot of people these were less desirable than the pre enhanced ones. In the enhanced Gold Cups Colt did undercut the trigger guard but they also used a new hammer and grip safety a lot of folk did not like. They also moved the cocking serrations to the rear and quit grooving the front of the frame in the grip area. Mine came with the rubber wrap around grips which I replaced with some wood stocks in the picture.

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
I have an enhanced GCNM. They came out in 92 I think and mine is a 96, which was the last year for the steel trigger in Gold Cups. In 97 the GCT came out with the wide Aluminum trigger.
I like my 1996 Brite Stainless Model. I like the smooth front grip strap,steel trigger,and lack of the sear depressor spring set up. Pete

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ah... The Ultimate Stainless!

I've been hunting a blued Gov't in .45 to go with my Blued Lightweight Commander Enhanced. I do love the look of them!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts