Colt Forum banner

Great Fun last week

809 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  bronco45 
#1 ·
Have a friend who is an excellent bow hunter who has carpal tunnel and can't shoot a bow anymore.

He purchased a Police Positive in 38 Spl. at a local gun show for $200.00. Gun has a 5" barrel black hard rubber grips and has been reblued by the factory along with retuned.

Gave him so basic instruction on trigger squeeze, sight alignment and breath control and then pointed him and the weapon at the target 10 yds away. Load 4.0 grs of 231 and a commercial cast 158 gr lead.

His first 6 shots went in one hole. He is happy that he can shoot something again and I'm estactic that the old Colt shot very well.But what do you expect.

#3 ·
Hey, hey! Good shooting! Good coaching!! Those PPS's are AWLAYS great guns. Never met one yet didn't please. Lighter than the OP but still steel, round butt for easy carry, same power ... so, how come they sold so many anything elses? Add some target sights and stocks - voila, the Diamondback appears! All great guns, eh?

#4 ·
Thanks for the replies. You know Clint Smith has the S&W folks fired up to build a Model 21. I wish Colt would bring back some of their old "glory guns" that were revolvers for some of us who would like to shoot them again without spending a fortune or wear out a valuable collectable.

A new Diamondback I would own 2. 38 4" and a 22.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.