Colt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Each year from the 1980 I attend a very good westernweekend at Horst in the Netherlands. There I do shoot with my Colt SAA blackpowder loads and have shot my Walker to. The rest of the weekend I played rangeofficer on the range and talked to a lot of good people. Here is a small picture image of that weekend of how the people dress up and how the camps look like.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not don yet.

The guy made the pipes themself. The two headed has a switch and is for heavy smokers. You can switch from the one to the other pipe head.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK just another few.

The ugly guy in the middle is me. One thing is for sure I did have a great time. I am looking very much foreward till next year.

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
Thuer...Looks like a great time! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was a complete weekend I did arive wednesday evening. I can tell you. I am tyred now.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is quit simple. To the Dutch, Dutch. To the German, German and to the British and American English. You know what? We have had fun for sure. You are welcom to.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
That is quit simple. To the........................ to the British and American English. You know what? We have had fun for sure. You are welcom to.
My point being there's English and then there's English. In those days (the Old West) English was very heavily influenced by Southerners, hence there would be a noticible Southern drawl, maybe with a liberal peppering of some Mexican Spanish.

No offense intended, but it sure would be interestin' to hear ya'll talkin'.

Bob Wright

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The funny thing is that the westernweekend is held in the Southern province in Holland. This is Limburg. They do have a special language wich is very difficult to follow if the speak that to each other. But they are lovely, warm people. I feel Always more than welcome overthere.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.