Colt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While almost all the people I have interacted with here are good, genuine people with knowledge and help others without adding their ' personal bias ' , there are always ' bad apples ' in every group. You know the type, their opinions are full of judgements, arrogance, snobbery, and the like. That is why my favorite feature on the new platform is the ability to IGNORE certain people who fall into the categories above mentioned. I have only had to put 2 people on ignore, which is great when you consider how many members we have here. These 2 individuals are the epitomy of a syndrome known as ' Colt snobbery ', there knowledge is laced with self appointed expert arrogance, and derision towards anyone with differing opinions. Keep in mind I never post on the threads that these 2 ( 1 is the alpha who posts, the other is the subservient beta who ' likes ' the alphas posts no matter what ) frequent but somehow this person always finds a way to post on my threads with his arrogance and judgements. The ignore feature frees me from having to read these 2 bloviate about their expertise ( also known as arrogance or snobbery ) I have bought the same books they quote when giving their ham handed advice to others, which is what allowed me to see these 2 for who they really are. THANK YOU to whoever is responsible for this fantastic feature, it has made this forum a better place by allowing membership to stop the ' keyboard warriors ' who TRY to intimidate others.

P.S. your high post count doesnt buy class.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Well, if you've been here 10 months and only have two guys you don't like, that's a pretty good indicator the crowd is alright. Hardly worth mentioning, in fact. Personally, I don't block anyone. I can read anything and have the self-control to not let it bother me or force me to reply or even acknowledge that I've read a post. You can elect to ignore without blocking, in case you didn't know. Blocking might leave you missing something you'd like to see or read.

·
Registered
517 Posts
You can learn one thing from anybody. So you're happy to keep from learning anything that may have helped you in the future. Good luck with that plan.

Reactions: kenhwind

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can learn one thing from anybody. So you're happy to keep from learning anything that may have helped you in the future. Good luck with that plan.
The only thing you learn from arrogant, self rightious individuals are their inherent character flaws. Not knowledge, or anything useful.

·
Registered
8,731 Posts
There’s been a couple times in the past here when I’ve posted pictures of holsters I made and got instant, blunt, unvarnished criticism about a particular feature on them. Did I get upset? Hell, no. I looked at what they’re talking about and saw theIr points and used that tough advice later. I prefer hearing stuff straight rather than polite and nuanced where people “Go the long way around the barn” as John Wayne once put it.

·
Registered
6,813 Posts
I have bought the same books they quote....
That is funny. Never thought anyone here would ever bother to quote a reference book :) Me? I just like to look at the pictures.

Many a lad has had their feeling hurt here by genteel discussion, honest differences of opinions and the constructive criticism of their precious toys. Most grow up without the whining and learn that everyone has something to learn and something to offer.

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
For practical purposes, and in a polite form such as this one, the preferred method of dealing with 'difficult' types is to simply don't let 'em get under your skin.
When that happens, you can 'edit' the information as it is blurted out, use what you need, and reject the rest.
Some folks are a little abrasive sometimes, and some are hard-nosed all the time, but often there is a nugget of something useful in the end product.
Take what you need and leave the rest behind.

·
Registered
9,451 Posts
Two rules of life...

Rule #1...Don't sweat the small stuff.
Rule #2...Everything is small stuff.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Two rules of life...

Rule #1...Don't sweat the small stuff.
Rule #2...Everything is small stuff.