Colt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
RE: Lead

That stuff about the Army typical bull&&&&. 99 per cent of the ammo shot during WW2 had either steel or iron cored. That included the billions of rounds shot on the eastern front. Lead rounds were used only for practice. And some times kirksite, also known as zinc was used to target practice with machine guns on airborne targets, a special version of the p39 fighter was used, some would joke that was all it was good for as its engine had no supercharger. The army air forces gave them to the Soviets as we didn't want them.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aren't a lot of Jacketed rounds filled with lead? I know most of my FMJ and defensive rounds have lead cores. The 100% copper rounds are way more expensive.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
So is copper not toxic?[/QUOTE

At 3000 fps + they are toxic. Not a fan of all copper projectiles ,long bearing surface,higher pressures and cost twice as much. There will always be a supply of lead some where for some purpose.Buy molds for your most common calibers and always have some thing to shoot.

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
The Article seems to be based on disingenuous claims.

Theonly Lead projectiles which adversely effect the environment or Wild life ( when not striking them I mean ), are Lead Bird Shot.

Bullets ( as such ) are a complete non issue in this regard.

·
Registered
8,622 Posts
The Article seems to be based on disingenuous claims./QUOTE]
I agree, and this is the only source I've seen for this.
The EPA does not have the regulatory authority to ban lead bullets. The environmental Nazis have been trying to get the EPA to ban lead bullets for years.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
I stopped voting entirely by the early '70s, but, the bums STILL keep getting elected!

If everyone had emulated my example, it would have been interesting to have seen what would happen then.

I still vote, but the sad truth is the repubs. seem to be all about their careers and most crawdad on their promises-I mostly think they are no better than the dems. just look what's happened and that Bahner He outa quit blating on TV and go against what is wrong including that damn obamacare. Except for a very few in both parties, I don't like the Dems OR the repubs. or the the libertarians or the others.
I usually chose what I figure is the lesser of the evils even though Im registered in 1 party.The only given is- If they are not NRA friendly,I don't vote for them.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
I'm contemptuous of "green" ammo just as I'm contemptuous of anything else promoted as being "green." I don't do environmentalism. I'm anti-environmentalism.

Think I'll go pour some used motor oil down the storm sewer about now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.