Colt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own two Colts. A 3rd generation Detective Special(mfd.1975) and an Offical Police (mfd. 1950). I'm mostly a S&W wheelgun fan, but I respect and admire Colt. I'm a cop and the DS is one of my backup guns and also does double duty as my off-duty carry piece.It was purchased by my grandfather in 75 and it's been passed onto me.

My father owns several Colt 1911's. One of which is a Commander that he purchased brand new in 1972. Now that is a very sweet handgun.

I'm usually at the High Road or the S&W forum, but I'll be dropping in around here occassionally. I recognize alot of names.

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
welcome to the forum checkman, your s&w seceret is safe with me. dont tell anyone but i own 3 or 4 myself. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Howdy Doody and welcome aboard. Maybe we can get you to switch teams. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow has it really been six years? Well since I joined this forum I have added many S&W revolvers to my collection and only a couple Colts. But in the past year (more or less) I've come across more Colt Double Action revolvers for sale. I picked up an OM Target (mfd. 1941) yesterday. Now I'm considering getting a pre-1972 DS or another Official Police. So yes skeezix was right. I am slowly getting more Colts. I hope the Smiths don't mind the company in my safe.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kid Sopris I sent you a PM.

thanks for the welcomes. I've been so infrequent it feels like I'm just joining.

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Welcome Back to The Forum!

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Welcome from Texas Checkman. Great forum for all things Colt, have fun, learn lots, share what you know. Also on the S&W forum, reserve officer here since 1979. Now work the pawn shop detail for my agency.

Know what you mean about the Detective Special. Have a second edition that is a joy to shoot and have thought about qualifying as an off duty sidearm.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you everybody. I'm a little older now and a little wiser and I have discovered that I like Colt DA revolvers as much as I like S&W revolvers - *Gasp*. I plan on being around a little more consistently.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts