Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon gentlemen. Today is my first day on the Colt forum. I have been a lurker for a few weeks now and I finally decided to join in on all the fun. I have several 1911's by other manufacturers but I now have a Colt Mark IV series 80. I received it after my cousin, who was a Marine, past away two weeks ago. He purchased the gun in California in 1990 and I have all of the original paper work on it. My question is, I can't find a serial number on it. I have stripped it down and still cannot find one. I have read where Colt put them under the hammer plate but nothing is there. Can some one tell me where else to look? On the right side, just above the trigger it says COMBAT 274. That, other than being stamped Special Combat 45 on the right side of the slide, I see nothing else with numbers. From reviewing the pictures, I think I need more practice. It won't let me delete them. I'll try to take a few more and post them later. Thanks for the help and for welcoming me here.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Colt Forum. Take your time getting to know how to navigate and ask questions for as much help as you may need; glad you're here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tony. I guess I did post the questions in the wrong spot. I'll repost in the correct one. I got a little zealous. Sorry!

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
Welcome to the Colt Forum from TN.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, Auburn. Strange you can't find that serial number. There are many, many friendly members here who will help you thru this. I'm pleased to tell you that I've just this week left you with all the Ohio winter you stand! Ha!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts