Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks, just joined the forum and thought I should introduce myself. As the title states I live in Olympia Washington with my family. I've been here about 20 years now however I originated in Titusville Pennsylvania, home of the first oil well. I grew up hunting and fishing like most youth in NW Pennsylvania. I had a pretty keen interest in guns and owned many by the time I left. However college and many other things pulled me away and I gave up hunting and sold many of my guns as I was just not using them and hated to see them just sitting around unused.

A couple of years ago I was at a tool show (I'm a woodworker and collect old tools as well) and a fellow club member was selling a colt 1862 Navy black powder revolver. I remembered it from the Colt catalog I had as a teen that I wore out I looked at it so often. It was new in the box from the late 70s. And it reminded me of all of those cool guns I coveted in that catalog but couldn't afford on my paper route money. I have always been a fan of colt handguns and this was my second. The first was a Colt New Frontier .22/,22 Mag that I bought in 1976. Anyways I guess it just reminded me of those early years so I bought it and that seemed to light a fire.

That got things started and I began shooting again and have been going to the range quite often with friends and enjoying myself. It also started me reading and researching and going to local gun shows. And that got my interest in the single action army going again as well and I've been doing alot of reading on this particular gun. This lead to me purchasing two single action army revolvers in the last year. A second generation 1962 SAA in .357 in blue with a 5 1/2 barrel. And for my birthday in September I purchased myself a third generation, 1980 SAA .44 special, nickel with a 4 3/4 inch barrel, new in box.

Now that I've jumped back into it I thought it would be interesting and informative to join the Colt forum to learn more about Colt firearms and learn more about the proper use and care of the new colts I have acquired. It's great to have a resource such as this right at my fingertips as it makes research so much easier and enjoyable. And if you have a question, and I have many you can ask and get many answers in short order.

So thanks for the oportunity to join the forum I look forward to interacting with you folks here.

Dave

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Welcome aboard the Forum, Dave. Much to learn here and don't be shy about sharing, either!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.