Colt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
The serial number is on the frame at the bottom of the grip. Do a Google search for comparable sales. The price only has to be reasonable to you and I suspect the seller will be happy if you buy it. Does the price include the ammo in the cylinder?

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,677 Posts
The serial number is 113409.
"32" is a factory assembly number used to keep fitted parts together until a serial number was stamped.
Small parts should have the same assembly number or parts have been replaced.

113409 was made in 1898, and is a commercial model, not military.

Here's some info on the Colt New Army & Navy models.........

From the condition, I personally think that price is WAY high.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
With common variation New Army and Navy's condition is everything. Unfortunately, that gun doesn't have it. I would pass on it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks to all and the quick responses.. Ill stay away unless it really comes down

·
Premium Member
3,358 Posts
I’d pass at half that price

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Prices on these have been flat for a long time, probably well more than a decade. It used to be a revolver like that featured in this thread could be easily had for $200 or less, and a nearly pristine example pre 1899 would be if even $500, usually not much more.

Maybe these have recently increased significantly due to the current political climate?

At one time, this model revolver had the dubious distinction of having a book written about it where the book was more than numerous examples for sale at the same time.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
I am far from expert status but $750 seems WAY high for a gun in that condition. Maybe $300-$400 max if you really want a project gun to clean up and shoot.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts