Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone seen the grips before?Made by Sile in Italy I'm sure, fit python,etc.
gold medaillon with capital "R" in it.
what did the "R" stand for?
thanks
Larry in Reno

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,900 Posts
I seem to remember that at one time Colt owned Sile, who made grips in Italy.
Some Python Colt Custom Shop Target grips were made of Rosewood in Italy for Colt.

Sile made fairly exact replicas of Colt grips as replacements even after Colt no longer owned the company.
These were often made of a hardwood with walnut stain and some were walnut, possibly European walnut.

I have no idea what the "R" was for but Sile would make grips for other companies and probably would fit them with medallions they chose.
It's at least possible some owner refitted a set of Sile grips with his own medallion.

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
Sile stocks usually had their own disc embedded...maybe these are Sile but were a contract order for someone?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it was Jay scott that colt owned. i have several sets of the R grips and most/all sile grips were plain italian walnit these fill that BILL.
probably for a european customer i think thanks
Larry

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
The Sile grips had a medallion with some kind of flying bird logo. I have not seen that particular medallion before. Sile did make descent quality, serviceable stocks/grips.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts