Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some nice wood grips to put on my Detective Special. I have seen Hogue, Nill ... what I really like so far are Badger grips in some of the photos posted in this forum. They look nice. Just wondering if there there any others out there that come recommended?

Thanks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
You may want to consider tha stock wood Colt grips that came with the 3rd issue DS. I believe they were called the "Combat Grips", but I'm not sure of that. They have checkering and are of a comfortable size for shooting.

But if you want the best grips for shooting comfort, check out the Pachmayr Compac grips (rubber -- from eBay).

Here's a photo of mine on a 1974 DS 3rd issue:

[This message has been edited by Thirties (edited 06-21-2005).]

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The DS I have came with the rubber grips. I looking for some nice custom wooden grips with finger grooves (to dress it up a little). The only ones I've seen, so far, are the Badger grips. But I'm sure there are others.

·
Registered
48 Posts
+1 for the Eagle Secret Service grips. I put some on my 3rd issue DS and not only do they look great they also soak up recoil nicely.

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
BTW - the Eagle site is kind of misleading - it's not obvious what all they have up front. Pick "materials" then pick "Rosewood" then pick "styles" and you will see all they offer in wood, including the Secret Service which you would think is only in polymer from the first page. But I ramble.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts