Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did Colt ever use any other color grip screws than blued on Pythons? I see people advertise original Python grips with brass screws and nuts.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I believe they did use Nickel on some guns but think the brass are reproduction pieces. The experts here will weigh in, I'm just going by my own experience.

·
Premium Member
6,463 Posts
I think Colt did use Nickel stock retaining screws and hardware on the early Pythons. Later Colt went to blued screws and hardware for the Nickel guns.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,071 Posts
On post-war Colt revolvers brass screws or bushings are a pretty certain sign of "replica" grips, or at least replaced screws and bushings.
Colt used a single bushing on the right side grip and a single small shank screw. Replica grips almost always use two bushings and a larger shank screw even if they are steel.

As above, Colt did sometimes use nickel plated parts on nickel plated guns, but most were ordinary blued steel.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I still haven't bought a gun to go with these. One day soon I'll find just the right plinker grade Python without the box and papers. ;)

python.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts