Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, am in need of nice wood grips (cocobolo perhaps, with the double diamond pattern?) for a defender. Are these the same size as Officers grips? I see a lot of officers stuff, but do not know if they will fit the defender. On the same theme...need a nice leather strong side holster with restraining strap to fit the defender. Prefer something like a Bianchi but cant find that they make it to specifically fit the defender.

·
Premium Member
3,036 Posts
The Colt defender has standard size grip screws and will accept Colt standard thickness officers grips.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Just about any holsters that are made for the Colt Officers Model will work for the Defender - (and there's lots...) The dimensions are similar except that the barrel on the Defender is 1/2" shorter than the Officers Model.. I have both guns and several holsters for the Officers Model and they all work for the Defender.. You can either find them on GunBroker or check any of the holster manufacturers..

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, thanks! Time to scour the internet and get the credit card ready! Now at least I know not to ignore an item because it says it fits the officers (but makes no mention of the defender).

·
Premium Member
3,036 Posts
Most officers grips that are for sale usually state they will fit the Officers or compact models. The defender, as well as Kimber ultra, compacts, as well as a lot of other makes will fit. In your case just make sure they are standard thickness. The new agent grips are thin..

·
Registered
136 Posts
Worth your consideration, but not the "rush shipping"

High Noon holsters makes one of the best IMO for the defender.

Several models are worthwhile, but I like the down under. Durable, extremely well constructed, non bulky and lifetime warranty. Very, VERY nicely crafted with extras I haven't found in other makers. Their production line is slow (6-8 weeks) and I would not pay the rush shipping they want. If you can wait and not need something NOW I recommend high noon.

Down Under Clip

1 - 7 of 7 Posts